The whole BMS-3923 battery monitoring system is composed of two basic hardware components and one software component. Hardware will include Monitoring Terminal (MT) & Control Unit (CU).
With Power Line Carrier (PLC) data transmission, measurement data will be collected by MT simply via battery straps and sent to CU. It is no need to have extra time and money consuming communication cable or any other wireless data transmission. This enables the system to be installed in almost all battery systems with very simple wire connection and it is interference-free to battery system.
Monitoring Terminal (MT)
|Communication with CU:||PLC (optional: RS485)|
|Cells connected per MT:||One MT can be connected with 1, 4 or 6 depending on customers’ requirement and different battery wiring structure onsite.|
|Function:||Test battery voltage, internal resistance, capacitance & temperature and send to CU via simply via power line carrier (PLC). It has battery equalization function.|
|Model selection:||1-channel, 4-channel & 6-channel|
Control Unit (CU)
|Communication with server:||WiFi or GPRS|
|Communication with MT:||PLC (optional: RS485)|
|Function:||Test string voltage, current and collect measurement data from MT simply via power line carrier (PLC). And it will send all data to cloud server via its built-in WiFi/GPRS module.|
Very simple wire connection, easy-going installation and commission onsite
- BMS-3923 adopts the technology of Power Line Carrier (PLC) for data transmission. It takes advantage of communication circuit of battery string itself. Data of each cell will be transferred to CU simply via battery straps and power line, no need to connect extra wires or cables for data transmission. This saves you hours or even days of onsite installation and commission.
- We use cloud computing platform for data management. Users do not need to purchase server or install server software by themselves. Just one login account and password from Kongter will enable user to view everything about their battery condition simply with a smart phone.
Kongter uses advanced mathematical model, consistent and precise
- Kongter has patented technology of multi-frequency measurement based on our years experience for battery management. And we have built very mature mathematical model that will precisely predict battery capacity (SOH).
- Customized solutions to meet different users in various applications. We have different types of monitoring terminals (MT). They can be connected to 1 cell, 4 cells or 6 cells each. Different terminals could be used for the same battery string. This makes it very convenient and flexible for connection with different types and wiring structure of batteries.
Cloud server + mobile communication
- All you need is a smart phone to view battery status and all detailed information.
- Timely SMS warning info keeps you alert for lag-out or weak batteries.
Smart and convenient methods for battery management
- Complete monitoring and recording for voltage, internal resistance, temperature and periodical monitoring for charge/discharge current. It helps you find out lag-out batteries beforehand.
- In case of power grid outage or manual switch-off of power grid for maintenance, system will automatically switch to discharge monitor. And it will record discharged Ah and voltage/temperature changes during discharge. This will further help judge the lag-out batteries.
- In case of battery malfunction, system will automatically send warning message to technician for immediate action.
- Map orientation of battery sites will help technicians reach site conveniently.
Online battery equalization
- Battery equalization controls battery charge and discharge, effectively extend battery life.
Unique technology for system resting
- Each MT gets very low power from batteries, no harmful to batteries that are monitored.
More than measurement data, you get solutions
- Every month, you will get a very detailed analyzing report from Kongter. This report will analyze all battery conditions completely. In case of battery failures, we will provide solutions in the report. This will enhance the reliability of your system. You do not also need to go the site for manual inspection and measurement. It saves your time and manpower.
Kongter has patented technology of multi-frequency measurement based on our years experience for battery management. And we have built very mature mathematical model that will precisely predict battery capacity (SOH).
In our battery model, we use the method of AC discharge under different frequencies. We will measure different parameters and their changing tendency in battery charge and discharge. This tendency could be described as the diagram below:
The change of R1, R2, C2, U, I during battery charging and discharging
In this diagram, it is a process of firstly battery discharge and then charge. Electrical double-layer capacitance (C2) is very sensitive to battery capacity. And battery electrochemical resistance (R2) is very sensitive to chemical reaction during battery charging. It could be adopted to indicate if battery is full charged or not, which will avoid over charge that will decrease battery life due to hydrolysis reaction. Meanwhile, considering that battery aging will also decrease its voltage after full-charge, we will take voltage, ohmic resistance, electrochemical resistance and electrical double-layer capacitance as variable, and thus build the functional relation as the formula below:
We build the mathematical model based the parameters of V, R1，R2 and C2. Based on the experimental statistic and method of system identification, we will identify the parameter in this mathematical model. We will measure and gain values for parameter of V, R1, R2 and C2 under battery full charge or float charge. After substitution these values in the formula above, we will gain the value for SOH which is very close to capacity measurement that is done by a regular battery discharge.
Customers also viewed: